Would you like to be a part of a growing and dedicated team who work to provide sustainable solutions in our own communities? SPUD (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery) was created by and grown with passion, grit, and a vision of how business and local partnerships ought to be. Plus, it helps that we get to work with delicious and organic food all day. Channel your own passion and take your career to the next level by joining one of our talented teams!
SPUD.ca is hiring a full-time, permanent Grocery Packer/Team Lead (GRAVEYARD) for our Vancouver, BC warehouse (1660 E Hastings Street). This shift is Sunday- Thursday 11:00 pm- 7:30 am.
This shift is a combined role, working as both a Packer and a Team Lead:
- 1 day per week will be the Team Lead shift
- 4 days per week will be the Packer shift
What you'll do
The full time Team Leader, Pack Line drives the day-to-day performance of the graveyard warehouse pack line. Reporting to the Operations Manager, they are responsible for directing the activities of the team, coaching for performance and accuracy, providing support and assistance, and developing future leaders. They lead on the front line, maintaining team morale and ensuring graveyard team effectiveness.
What you'll achieve
What you'll get:
At SPUD, our goal is to create relationships with amazing farmers, ranchers, fishermen/women, bakers, and artisans to make it easier for our customers to have the freshest ingredients and products, delivered to their home or office, or available for pick-up, at one of our markets/cafes. We believe that food should be healthy, so we partner with producers and farmers who you can trust; real people who have integrity, respect our environment, care about our community, value sustainable farming practices, and believe in the humane treatment of animals.
The SPUD family of companies includes:
• SPUD.CA (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery)- residential and office deliveries in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Edmonton
• Be Fresh- 5 market/cafes within the city of Vancouver, and our Be Fresh commissary services
• Blush Lane Organic Market- 4 markets, and a Farmer’s Market location in Calgary and Edmonton
• The Juice Box- healthy (and delicious!) fresh pressed juices and nut milks
Applications for all companies, except for Blush Lane Organics, are centralized through the SPUD Careers site. To apply for Blush Lane please see their Careers site.
Our values include:
• Fight to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
• Have Passion for Sustainable Food
• Be Open to the Perspective of Others
• Learn, Grow & Win as a Team
• Be Scrappy and Own It
• Find the Fun Together
We are also a proud certified B Corporation- a new kind of company that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems.
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring practices.