Would you like to be a part of a growing and dedicated team who work to provide sustainable solutions in our own communities? SPUD (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery) was created by and grown with passion, grit, and a vision of how business and local partnerships ought to be. Plus, it helps that we get to work with delicious and organic food all day. Channel your own passion and take your career to the next level by joining one of our talented teams!
Be Fresh, cultivated by SPUD.CA, is looking for a full-time, permanent Operations Manager for our Vancouver, BC commissary.
What you’ll do
- Overall, ensure financial objectives are met: food costing, product pricing and mark-ups. Ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained between the kitchen and retail sites.
- Manage and adhere to the kitchen’s budget, undertake corrective actions, and ensure scheduling and expenditures are controlled.
- Working in conjunction with the Executive Chef and Production Manager, the Operations Manager must ensure quality control of product including portion size and product consistency. Ensure timelines and quality standards are maintained by all stations.
- Hold meetings with staff regarding kitchen operations and efficiencies, as evidenced by feedback from the retail line of business.
- Assume a leadership role in the kitchen to ensure product is created efficiently, with quality, and with consistency.
- Product management – review all new recipes or menu changes for adherence to Be Fresh Product Requirements.
- Strategic inventory management including ordering/Procurement– monitor kitchen volumes and retail sales to ensure peak profitability is maintained. Regular communication between the Executive Chef, Production Manager and VP of Supply Chain is vital.
- Establish inventory and quality control policies; address ingredient controls and quality thereof. Order product, new stock, and supplies.
- Provide recommended solutions to Executive Chef and Production Manager on ways to improve and reduce COGS.
- Arrange for necessary maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Manage a fleet of delivery Drivers, ensuring they have sufficient tools available. Develop, schedule and direct this team to achieve high levels of performance and customer satisfaction.