Be Fresh, cultivated by SPUD.CA, creates healthy, pre-packaged meals with local and organic ingredients to bring our customers delicious, nourishing food. All of the action happens out of our Pender commissary, where our team can be found prepping, cooking, and chopping up a storm! The end product (think beatifully assembled salads, sandwhiches/wraps, zoodles, vegan meals, hummus...etc....we could go on forever!) is sold through our catering services, in our 5 Be Fresh retail locations, and SPUD.ca.
Be Fresh is looking for a Lead Supervisor, Sandwich & Catering for our Be Fresh commissary (1114 E Pender Street). This shift is Sunday- Thursday 9:00 am- 5:00 pm.
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
What you'll do
- Quality Control all production items to ensure specs are followed through consistently
- Training new employees for Sandwich Station and ensure they are set-up for success
- Set up kitchen for sandwiches/wraps, breakfast/snacks, catering preparation tasks
- Prepare items following set recipes
- Prepare catering items w cooperation of Head Chef and other team members
- Label prepared packaged meals accordingly
- Prepare any additional condiments as instructed
- Sign off on final sandwiches/wraps, breakfast/snacks wholesale and catering orders
- Ensure Pull-Thaw is completed at the end of the shift
- Ensure HACCP logs are completed daily
- Record walk – in coolers and freezer temperatures at the beginning of the shift
- Assist in keeping the kitchen clean, hygienic and tidy at all times
- Clean and maintain counters, kitchen equipment, utensils and dishes
- Perform daily side duties – garbage, recycling, cardboards, mopping, sweeping or other side duties
- Follow spec picture guide books and ensure proper knowledge off all food packaged items
- Help manage food inventory, rotation and stocking in your area
- Participate in order planning and avoiding waste in your area
- Fill in for kitchen crew and helping out other stations as needed